Choosing the right general contractor means the difference between actualizing your dream space or dealing with a nightmare. Here are some tips to find the right one for your project.
Don’t be afraid of asking questions. Not only is it expected, it’s encouraged. By asking questions, you’ll also get an idea of what it’ll be like to work with a particular contractor. Do they seem impatient or are they taking the time to make you feel comfortable?
Here are some great ones to ask:
- Have you handled similar projects in the past?
- Can you provide a showcase of your work? How long have you been working with your subcontractors?
- Who’s on the project team and what are their qualifications?
- How do you handle project communications?
- What is your company’s greatest strength?